Análisis situacional del programa de tuberculosis en las IPS públicas de cuatro municipios de Cundinamarca estrategias de captación de sintomáticos respiratorios y detección de pacientes con tuberculosis Thesis

short description

  • Master's thesis

Thesis author

  • Cifuentes Rodríguez, Lyda
  • Pulido Gil, Diego Armando


  • The selection of priority areas for research on tuberculosis (TB) in Cundinamarca was developed through a literature review and information from databases TB program in the Department, which does not meet the targets of 80% uptake of Symptomatic Respiratory and 70% of patients with TB detection. With these inputs, we worked with the municipalities of greater importance as Girardot, Fusagasugá, Facatativá and Zipaquirá, where they were consulted how the Prevention and Control of TB through a survey of 41 medical outpatient handled. In participatory survey were selected and ordered by priority questions on timely search for patients with TB. These themes selected through this inclusive, transparent and participatory methodology, became, cornerstone, when giving a diagnosis, finding that 17.08% of physicians know the respiratory symptoms of patients with TB; the 41.46% call for more time for consultation, 29.26% need training, 29.28% chance of care and laboratory sampling; 70.73% for the best way to attract patients is house-house search by developers, for 29.26% is that made by other actors. The doctors were not identified as key players. The 32.41% see no priority joint programs with HIV and chronic; and 21.96% do not consider conduct monitoring vulnerable populations such as indigenous and prison population. These results should help to improve strategies for TB control and optimize the use of financial and human resources.

publication date

  • 2015-03-16


  • Detection
  • Health
  • Resources
  • Training
  • Tuberculosis
  • Uptake

Document Id

  • 1f8325f9-3df8-4411-8326-2cb885cbadae